Dum Dum is an in Kolkata, North 24 Parganas District , West Bengal, India.
Airport (1.56 Km), Birati (3.18 Km), Kaikhali (5.26 Km), New Barrakpur (5.36 Km), Belghoria (6.75 Km) are the nearby areas to Dum Dum.
Domnagar P, Gopalpur Chandigar, Teghari, Chaugharia, Kolkata, Deara, Dum Dum, Jojra, North Dumdum, Banubankra, Chandpur, Dariala, Palitpara are the nearby cities to Dum Dum.
Dum Dum Point of Interests
Connectivity with near Dum Dum localities:
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The nearest railway stations include – the Sealdah Railway Station, the Cantonment and Patipukur Railway Stations which are located at distances of 8.3, 2.8 and 3.7 kilometres, respectively, from the locality.
- The nearest airports include – the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is a 4 minute drive from the locality and is situated at a distance of 2.5 kilometres.
- The locality is served by the National Highway 34.
- CSTC, WBSTC and CTC networks of bus services are operational here.
Employment hubs near Dum Dum :
Dum Dum is known to house the Ordnance Factory Dumdum (OFDC) and Gun & Shell Factory Cossipore (GSF) of the Ordnance Factories Board, which manufactures armaments and other equipment for the Indian Armed Forces, Navy & Air Force
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to the commercial hubs of Sector V which is located at a distance of 16.7 kilometres.
Schools in Dum Dum and social amenities :
Dum Dum provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- St. Stephen School
- Aditya Academy Secondary School
- Howard Memorial English School
- Christ Church School
- Motijheel Science College
- Rabindra Mahabidyalay and many more enjoy being the best educational institutions of Dum Dum.
Of the social amenities provided by Dum Dum the major health institution dominating the locality includes –
- South Municipality Hospital
- ILS Hospital
- Dumdum Municipality Specialized Hospital & Cancer Research Centre
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs, including –
- IDBI Bank
- Union Bank
- UCO Bank
- State Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
Dum Dum also provides its residents with a number of recreational amenities, of which the popular shopping arcades include –
- Diamond Plaza
- City Life
Famous Places in Dum Dum
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International AirportInternational Airport, Rajarhat, East Kolkata, Hooghly, Kolkata District
- The Drunken MonkeyRajbari, Dum Dum, East Kolkata, Kolkata, Kolkata District
- Salua BazarSalua, Action Area II, New Town, East Kolkata, Kolkata, Kolkata District
Price Trends for Dum Dum
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best hospitals in/around Dum Dum?
- South Dum Dum Municipal Hospital
- Dum Dum Matrisadan
- matri sadan o swasthya kendra
- Dr Dipak Kumar Sen. Medical Clinic.
- Dr. Amitava Basu Smriti Sasthya Raaksa Kendra
Are there ATMs in Dum Dum?
Is there a metro station in/near Dum Dum?
- Biman Bhandar Railway Station
- Durganagar Railway Station
- Dum Dum Cantonment Railway Station
How many properties are available for sale in Dum Dum?
How many properties are available for rent in Dum Dum?
What is the average price per sq.ft for a property in Dum Dum?
What is the year on year trend for property rates in Dum Dum?
What are the top projects in Dum Dum?
Is there a shopping mall in Dum Dum?
What are the top restaurants in/around Dum Dum?
- Spice Garden
- Dhaka Biriyani House & Restaurant
- Naskar Fastfood Centre Restaurant
What are the best schools in/around Dum Dum?
- Kingston Model School
- Birati Mahajati Balika Vidyamandir
- Siddeswari Kali Bari School
- Ratan Lal Saraogi Madhyamik Vidyalaya
- Khalisakota Adarsha Vidyalaya